Total Pageviews

Friday 20 May 2016

My Life Can Get Very Busy

Enjoying myself clubbing in 2008.
Sorry, I was going to continue about Eddy yesterday, but time slipped away as it has today. One of the main reasons has been my car, that is, the renting out of it through Drivy.com, one of the things I do to make my money go a bit further. And, suddenly, after a few quiet weeks, I had two bookings arrive, one for today and one for Monday and Tuesday. Great news!! I was feeling rather broke as it is the end of the month for me....my pension arrives in my British bank account in a week and then takes a couple of days to get into my French account, here in Euroland.
So, I will be receiving during the week just over a hundred euros which will get me through till then. One problem I have is that the pound has steadily been losing value against the euro this last year and I think this is going to continue until the results of the famous referendum are known. Then it could plunge even further or go back up again and I'm hoping for the latter. I hope we stay in because it really makes no sense to leave. We are part of Europe being only 25 kilometres away and our days of Empire are well behind us. Loads of Europeans live in the UK and loads of Brits live in Europe which makes sense to: I don't really believe in borders, I consider myself a human being well before being European, and European well before being British. As DNA has showed, we all tend to be from a mish-mash of origins because the UK has a long history of receiving refugee immigrants (until perhaps latterly).
Enjoying myself clubbing in South Africa in 2010 in the same t-shirt.
Anyhow, renting my car means cleaning it inside and out which is quite time consuming due to the amount of his coat my Eddy manages to leave inside it. In fact, he leaves it everywhere he goes and must moult at least a couple of kilos the twice a year when he changes his whole coat. And, having had to park on the edge of the square lately due to construction vehicles taking a lot of space, the outside was well covered with pigeon shit.
Enjoying the sun on my balcony in Bristol 2009
Well, I got the job done but finished quite late and no energy for any typing. And today I've been busy promoting my band, NAGAS2's, new album, KARMA VORTEX and arranging for its point-of-sales to be much broader than for the last album, adding iTunes and Amazon among several others. It all takes time. Anyhow, after a lovely walk with Eddy round the old town and a bit of shopping, I've just found the time before cooking my dinner. Tonight, more episodes of House of Cards following the President's assassination attempt and if I can make it, Later with good old Jools. And tomorrow the Cup Final between Crystal Palace and Man Utd. I grew up very close to Selhurst Park so I've always had a soft spot for the Eagles so I'll be hoping that they manage to see off the hated Reds!!

No comments:

Post a Comment