Total Pageviews

Thursday 12 May 2016

Why I Have Created This New Blog

At the Isle of Wight Festival in 1969.

Toasting The Boss at a Language School dinner, 2007.

In front of our house in Buisson, 84 France, in 1988.



I watched a presentation on ted.com which got me thinking about the various things I have on the internet and I decided to start a new blog which I intend to use regularly to post my thoughts and memories. In no particular order, I want to share with those who might be interested things I am thinking about and memories from my life. I am 67 years old now and have led an interesting life.
I am a musician, have played in many bands and continue to write and record new music. I have worked for a lot of my life with young people with emotional and behavioural difficulties, ending up as the main man of 3 residential units for such. I have also worked in the field of teaching English as a foreign language and have been the director of two such schools. I have travelled quite widely, mainly by myself but also with family or friends. I was married for nearly 30 years, went through a difficult divorce and then had another partner for 8 years or so. I have two sons, both married, and have 7 grandchildren. And, now I live alone with my faithful dog, Eddy. I have lived in both the UK and France and live in the latter now I have retired from my day jobs.
I have no idea what you will actually find in these posts, just that I intend to be totally honest and present as many different aspects of my life and thoughts as possible.
I also will be linking to music I have made and liked and displaying many photos from my collection.
So, I hope to obtain many readers, people who already know me and people who don't.
Watch this space.
There'll be more tomorrow.
And most days.

And, gradually my blog's title will become clear.
I have always been a chancer, a risk-taker and an outsider and, as such, have never really belonged to the society I found myself in.
And I'm happy with that, happy that I am working class in origin at least, and I'm not happy with the way those in power, or those that think they are in power, fashion the world in their image.
I'm not one of them, I don't support them and I will do what little I can to bring them down or, at least, thwart them where I can.

2 comments:

  1. An interesting start, keep them going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Chris. Please sign up as a subscriber/follower, that would be good. Trust you are fine.

    ReplyDelete